History of Winslowe House
Winslowe House is a particularly fine Victorian country house built in 1847 of distinctive Beaulieu buff brick.
Historically William Henry Gater JP, only son of the late George Henry Gater of West End, inherited the house. The interior of the house is typical of the Victorian era with fine well proportioned rooms, tall ceilings, which radiate off the magnificent reception hall with its superb sweeping staircase.
Winslowe House is situated in a remarkable country setting standing prominently on a ridge of high ground surrounded and protected by some 300 acres of farmland, covered by Special Scientific Interest or Nature Conservation Regulations.
From every point of the compass Winslowe House looks out on to peaceful, well kept farmland. Itchen Valley Country Park is just along the lane. Wild life is in abundance: deer, fox, rabbit and badger can be seen continually throughout the day or night, whilst numerous birds are seen in the hedgerows and trees, and encouraged in the garden.
The garden is well stocked with many mature trees and shrubs. To the east it is possible to see views of Portsdown Hill; to the west the downs beyond Winchester and the hills on the edge of the New Forest.
Or Call Us On
023 8047 0888